Saturday, November 19, 2011

My subaru bumper cover is slightly compressed. Do shops give free estimates for actual damage to the bumper?

I am so confused. I was in an accident, and my back bumper cover was slightly compressed. (Looks like a shopping cart grazed it.) I was backing out of my drive way and a car hit me in 35 mile speed zone. My air bags didn't go off. I am concerned there my be some damage to the actual bumper. I took my car to have it appraised, but the appraisal was for the bumper cover only. The shop said the bumper cover would have to be taken off for a complete damage report. Do I have to pay for this? Every one has lead me to believe that the only was to know if there is actual rather than cosmetic damage is to have the bumper cover fixed. If there is damage, of course, I want it fixed. However, I don't want to pay my insurance deductible to have the bumper cover replaced for cosmetic reasons. (Like I stated, it looks like it was slightly nicked.) My insurance company is sending an appraiser out on Tuesday. Will I have to pay to have underneath the bumper looked at?|||How big is the damage? Depth and leangth of the damage, including location will determine whether its a straight replacement or repair.





Underneath bumper? Do they mean the bumper beam?





You should just need to repair the damage part, but some material cannot be fixed, hence they'll need to replace the whole plastic bumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment