Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it legal to drive without a rear bumper in Washington state?

My mom and the garage got into a fight and sadly my car lost that battle so my bumper is being help on with duck tape. The license plate is not on the bumper so if I take it off it will still be on but will it be legal to drive around in Washington without it? Right now it's barely hanging out and I'd feel safer with it off. I can't afford now to put a new one on, but will be planning to in the future.|||Body, Fender, and Bumpers - Shall be maintained without protrusions that could be hazardous to pedestrians. Bumpers shall not extend past the original bumper line...





See: RCW 46.37.517|||Yes it would, I live in WA state and I think it's illegal everywhere. You just need to get a new bumber or drive a different car. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment