Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What is the cheapest way to fix a rusted chrome bumper?

I have a 97 Nissan Pathfinder LE and have rust and/or peeling on the chrome bumper. I don't care if I have to paint it if I can, I just want the cheapest solution and would like to do it myself. What is the cheapest way to fix it?





Thank You!|||There is no cheap way to rechrome a bumper. You can send it in to be rechromed, or to remove light surface rust, use a brillo or steel wool pad with soapy water. Follow this with a chrome polish, and see if it helps.|||get a new one|||hey i would take it to all these different places where they fix this stuff and find the cheepest one!! if you have msn add m_e_baron_09@hotmail.com|||I used a potato to take rust off my cast iron skillet. You could try it on chrome. Just take a potato and cut it in half. Rub the bumper with the potato. It might work on chrome.|||if you choose to paint it than all you need to do is wet sand... use a fine sand paper with running water and go slow, all you want to do is smooth the peeling and rough it enough to hold paint. dont forget to primer first.


if you dont want to paint do the same process but use super fine sandpaper with a spray can of wd-40 keep it lubed as you sand it do this until peel marks or scratch deminash's a little then switch to a buffer and buff until shiney again. this may take some time but is will work.|||If you remove the bumper and wire wheel the rusted area, you can paint over it with a product called liquid chrome. It gives you th same shine as the origanal chrome.|||I would say the cheapest way would be to sand smooth prim and paint it .|||Just Remove the Bumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment