Friday, December 2, 2011

How much paint do i need to paint a mustang front bumper?

I have a 03 cobra bumper that i wanna put on my 00 GT. Only problem is that its a different color, so i wanna get it painted but ive been quoted around $250. I'd rather just do it myself. So i was wondering how much paint should i buy to paint the bumper? I dont want to buy too much and im ordering on-line so if i dnt order enough ima be pissed cuz im gonna have to wait to get more shipped to me. Any suggestions would be appriciated.|||Frist off, $250 is great! To do it your self..you'll need a compressor,filter, a spray gun, a spray booth etc..etc.


Have you ever painted? Please, just pay the $250 and make that mustang look good. If not, my favorite paint is PPG Global line, get reducer,quart of clear coat and paint,maybe primer. Your 00' has probably got some oxidation ( paint fade)!|||1/2 pint should be enough, but painting plastic can be tricky, you might want a pro do it.|||If you have all the spray equipment. you should only need about 2qts of paint and buy a gallon of reducer. This should two to three full coats, with some leftover, for a later date, touch-ups, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment