Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How much to repair a scratched bumper?

I tapped someone's bumper at a red light over the weekend. No dents to the bumper. I received an estimate from him this morning. Estimate is $597 but the shop will repair for $500 cash. Seems maybe a bit shady?? I am still trying to decide if i should pay out of pocket or let my insurance company take care of it.? Any advice?|||Suggest to get another estimate. Sometimes (depending on the depth of the scratch) you can polish the cratch out with chrome polish. If you decide to replace,suggest to ask for the scratched bumper and sell it to junk dealer or whomever ,to recover some of your $|||All depends on what your deductable is, if yours was $500. than I would pay cash. But $597. is kind of high if all you did was scratched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment