Friday, December 2, 2011

Is it illegal to put a magnetic bumper sticker on a police car?

I have a friend who's planning on putting a bumper sticker on a police car, it's not offensive and it's magnetic so won't damage the car, but is it illegal? I'm usually her voice of reason so if she's going to get in trouble for it I need to tell her that. What charges would she be looking at if it's illegal?|||Maybe breach of peace or something like that. Even if legal it is not advisable, as no doubt the police would not take kindly to that and might hold a grudge.|||It is illegal to put ANYTHING on ANY vehicle you don't own without the owner's permission. If I wanted to push the case, I could sue anyone placing an advertising flier on my car. After laughing at me, the judge may actually admit my case was legally sound.|||Tampering with a patrol car in my state is a felony. That means anything put on, taken out of, removed or added to or from patrol car is a violation. I wouldn't do it as it really isn't worth the consequences.|||no- but that doesnt meen if they catch you,they wont charge you with something..vehicle tampering...so i guess it could be made out to look illegal,but if you went to trial then i dont think you would be convicted|||Well it's legal for police to put tracking devices on YOUR car now:





http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599201315…





Quote that if questioned about it.|||Technically speaking its your car (Publicly owned by tax payers) but Im sure they have some draconian law that will cut off your kahunas if you do it.|||Not her vehicle (ya I know she pays taxes, still not hers)it is the same as spray painting something on the car as far as the law in my state is concerned..|||Uh.....yeah. That would be "vandalism". Even if it doesn't do permanent damage.|||clean it really good and wear gloves|||put it om the cop duh......yea i wold do it

No comments:

Post a Comment