Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I safely remove a bumper sticker?

I have a college parking decal on the back of my bumper. It's a new year so I need to switch it out, I really don't want to just put another sticker on top of it. So I was wondering if there is a way to safely remove a bumper sticker without ruining the paint?|||You can try heating it up by leaving it in the sun for a while to loosen up the glue, and then getting an adhesive removal to remove the rest of it. Try your local parts stores, they sell adhesive removal and it won't damage your paint.|||a heat gun, if you don't have access to one you could use a hairdryer. Heat the bumper sticker up and slowly peal it back. If there is any glue or adhesive left you can use a mild solvent or mineral spirits to clean it off. Either one can be purchased at any local automotive store. (i.e. Auto-zone or NAPA)|||Blow dryer to heat it up and peel it off, then some goo-gone or charcoal lighter fluid for the adhesive.





If you have to put the new one in the same place, why bother? If you could put the new one on the window, then it would be worth removing it.|||use a hair dryer to warm the decal and peal off. than use Goo Gone or WD40 to remove the adhesive than use alchol to clean the cleaner off than install the new decal. thats how I've always done it and it works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment