Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I safely remove the goo from a removed bumper sticker left on a real nice paint job?

My sweet new ride came with a lousy bumper sticker on it. I peeled it off, but goo remains. I need to remove it without any serious scrubbing or damage to the paint. The chemicals would have to be very mild. Maybe you guys can help. Otherwise I guess I call Grandma : )|||I work in the auto body shop for 15 years. Using wax is the best way.|||Try putting some peanut butter on it,the oil from the peanut butter might break the goo down so it will just roll off.Just a thought,I don't know why, it just popped in my head when I read your question, and it want hurt the paint on your car.








I thought of goo gone too but I thought you might want to try something without chemicals.|||GOO GONE comes in a little can, is a liquid and will gently remove the goo that remains - also good for many other applications. The GOO GONE and a soft cotton rag ( old shirt ) will do the job.|||GOO GONE!!!





That will definitely take that goo off. Trust Me. I've used that thing on every surface, it doesn't damage it and takes the goo right off.





You could get it at target or walgreens





http://www.googone.com/|||Try WD 40. I have had good results with it in the past....you can also try finger nail polish remover. Good luck hope this helps solve your problem.|||try using ice to harden the goo, after it hardens you can easily peel if off with a soft cloth.|||Easy Off oven cleaner. Then wash and wax. It may sound stupid but it works. Bodyshops have been using it for years.|||you can get some heavy duty cleaner and a plastic scraper. Worked for me.|||goo gone. Listen to the majority.It is safe on all surfaces. I used it on brand new $5000 lightbars to get tar off . no harm|||WD40 works great and doen't damage the paint.|||Tea Tree Oil is great also.... and it is cheap- get it from pharmacies or places that sell essential oils

No comments:

Post a Comment